When using "Separated" notification mode, NiLS retrieves notifications from two different channels:
- Android notifications system. (those that appears on your notifications bar)
- Android wear interface. (those that appears on Android wear device - contains more information)
When NiLS detect the same notification on both channels - it merges them into one.
Sometimes those notifications are not merged correctly and loses the original notification ID from Android notifications bar and therefore cannot be synced correctly.
There isn't a permanent solution for this yet because it is very hard to create exact reproductive steps to make it happen again.
To overcome this you can switch to "Conversation Mode" instead of "Separated" mode for those apps, by performing the following steps:
- Go to NiLS > App Specific Settings.
- Choose the app that has duplicated notifications and click the Settings button.
- Choose "Conversation Mode" on "Notification Mode" option.
Next upcoming notifications won't be merged and will be retrieved just from the second channel so they won't have syncing issues.