When using "Separated" notification mode, NiLS retrieves notifications from two different channels:
- Android notifications system. (those that appears on your notifications bar)
- Android wear interface. (those that appears on Android wear device - contains more information)
When NiLS detect the same notification on both channels - it merges them into one.
Sometime notifications are not perfectly match and NiLS cannot merge them, on those cases you'll see duplicated notifications.
To overcome this you should switch to "Conversation Mode" instead of "Separated" mode for those apps, by performing the following steps:
- Go to NiLS > App Specific Settings.
- Choose the app that has duplicated notifications and click the Settings button.
- Choose "Conversation Mode" on "Notification Mode" option.
Next upcoming notifications will be retrieved just from the second channel and won't be duplicated.